Updated: Jan 20, 2022
Sometimes when we work hard, we need that extra bit of motivation to help us get through the tough times.
Sometimes, a quick motivating workout quote can make a world of a difference and really help us dig deep into our workouts.
And not only just our workouts, but really any part of life that's challenging to get through.
Whether you decide to read your quotes in the morning after waking up, keep them in the back of your head or write them down somewhere that you can easily find them, you won't need much more workout motivation after reading these 150 favorite fitness quotes we've compiled for you.
Without further ado, let's get right into the list!
The Top 150 Workout Quotes to Push Hard in Your Training
1. "Don't count the days. Make the days count." - Muhammad Ali
2. "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
3. "Don't be afraid of failure. This is the way to succeed." - Lebron James
4. "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."
- Michael Jordan
5. "Potential is not a limitation. It's a goal."
6. "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right." - Henry Ford
7. "The sky has no limits. Neither should you." - Usain Bolt
8. "Success is what comes after your stop making excuses." - Luis Galarza
9. "If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied."
- Dwayne Johnson
10. "Work hard in silence. Let your success make the noise."
11. "No matter how good you get, you can always get better. That's the exciting part."
- Tiger Woods
12. "If you want to be the best, you have to do things that other people aren't willing to do."
- Michael Phelps
13. "It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela
14. "I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary." - Elon Musk
15. "Push yourself. No one else can do it for you."
16. "I found something I love... and never gave up." - Michael Phelps
17. "I could either watch it happen or be a part of it." - Elon Musk
18. "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle
19. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky
20. "Excuses don't get you there. Exercise does."
21. "Nothing will work unless you do." - Maya Angelou
22. "Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
23. "We cannot start over. But we can begin now and make a new ending. - Zig Ziglar.
24. "Learn as if you live forever, live as if you die tomorrow." - Mahatma Gandhi
25. "You may not be there yet, but you're closer than you were yesterday."
26. "Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it." - Henry David Thoreau
27. "I never dreamed about success. I worked for it." - Estée Lauder
28. "He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior." - Confucius
29. "A successful man is the one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." - David Brinkley
30. "Be somebody that nobody thought you could be."
31. "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
32. "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." - Mark Twain
33. "Go the extra mile, there's no one on it." - Grant Cardone
34. "It is never too late to be what you could have been." - George Eliot
35. "If you quit, they'll be right.
36. "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later." - Og Mandino
37. "Opportunities don't happen, you create them." - Chris Gosser
38. "Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working." - Pablo Picasso
39. "He that can have patience can have what he will." - Benjamin Franklin
40. "Believe you're born to achieve great things."
41. "What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
42. "I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions." - Stephen Covey
43. "Hustle beats talent when talent doesn't hustle." - Ross Simmonds
44. "The clock is ticking. Are you becoming the person you want to be?" - Greg Plitt
45. "Doing a little every day adds up to BIG results."
46. "There's no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard and aim to be the best." - Ronnie Coleman
47. "If you don't find the time, if you don't do the work, you don't get the results." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
48. "Motivation is what get you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun
49. "Do something today that your future self will thank you for." - Sean Patrick Flanery
50. "It's a slow process, but quitting won't speed it up."
51. "If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you." - Jerry Dunn
52. "When you are not practising, someone else is getting better." - Allen Iverson
53. "If you do not believe in yourself, no one will do it for you." - Kobe Bryant
54. "Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up." - Rock Balboa
55. "Turn the pain into power."
56. "The only discipline that lasts is self discipline." - Bum Philips
57. "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
- Mahatma Gandhi
58. "I don't count my sit ups. I only start counting when starts hurting because they're the only ones that count." - Muhammad Ali
59. "Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow." - Norm Kelly
60. "You may see me struggle, but you will never see me quit."
61. "Your body can stand almost anything. It's your mind that you have to convince."
- Andrew Murphy
62. "You can either suffer the pain of discipline or the pain of regret." - Jim Rohn
63. "Don't limit your challenges. Challenge your limits." - Jerry Dunn
64. "Change is never easy, but always possible." - Barack Obama
65. "One day, or day one. You decide."
66. "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." - Babe Ruth
67. "Impossible is just an opinion." - Paulo Coelho
68. "People who wonder if the glass if half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable." - Simon Sinek
69. "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Jim Ryun
70. "The real workout starts when you want to stop."
71. "Greatness only comes before hustle in the dictionary." - Ross Simmonds
72. "Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far." - Gary Vaynerchuk
73. "I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." - Muhammad Ali
74. "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will." - Suzy Kassem
75. "Sore today, strong tomorrow."
76. "When someone says you can't do it, do it twice and take pictures." - Tami Xiang
77. "Sunshine all the time makes a desert." - Arabic Proverb
78. "Be so good they can't ignore you." - Steve Martin
79. "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you did not do than the ones you did." - Mark Twain
80. "Build a strong mindset, the body will follow."
81. "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
82. "I can and I will. Watch me." - Carrie Green
83. "A surplus of effort could overcome a deficit of confidence." - Sonia Sotomayer
84. "If your dreams don't scare you, they are too small." - Richard Branson
85. "The only bad workout is the one that didn't happen."
86. "Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want." - Ken Poirot
87. "A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits." - Richard Nixon
88. "Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going." - Sam Levenson
89. "Falling down is how we grow. Staying down is how we die." - Brian Vaszily
90. "You're closer than you were yesterday. Keep going!"
91. "If there is no wind, row." - Latin Proverb
92. "Don't dream of winning. Train for it!" - Mo Farah
93. "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." - Jim Rohn
94. "If you're going through hell keep going." - Winston Churchill
95. "Once you see results, it becomes an addiction."
96. "Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses." - Kobe Bryant
97. "No masterpiece was ever created by a lazy artist." - Salvador Dalí
98. "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson
99. "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win." - Kobe Bryant
100. "Be the best project you've ever worked on."
101. "Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses." - Kobe Bryant
102. "Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments." - Jim Rohn
103. "Excellence is a continuous process, not an accident." - Abdul Kalam
104. "It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." - Aristotle
105. "You don't find willpower. You create it."
111. "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison
112. "You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated." - Maya Angelou
113. "Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not." - Oscar Wilde
114. "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." - Mae West
110. "Don't stop until you're proud."
111. "There are no secrets to success. It is a result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." - Colin Powell
112. "If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time." - Steve Jobs
113. "Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." - Vince Lombardi
114. "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." - Confucius
115. "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
116. "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." - Napoleon Hill
117. "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford
118. "Look in the mirror. That's your competition." - John Assaraf
119. "Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions." - Dalai Lama
120. "The best views come after the hardest climb."
121. "Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt
122. "Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear." - George Addair
123. "We generate fears while we it. We overcome them by action." - Dr. Henry Link
124. "Today's accomplishments were yesterday's impossibilities." - Robert H. Schuller
125. "It doesn't get easier, you just get stronger."
126. "The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." - Michael Altschuler
127. "If you're afraid of failure, you don't deserve success." - Nastia Liukin
128. "You make your own luck. You make it in training" - Simone Biles
129. "Champions keep playing until they get it right." - Billy Jean King
130. "I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself."
131. "I learned a long time ago that there is something worse than missing a goal, and that's not pulling the trigger." - Mia Hamm
132. "Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going." - Jillian Michaels
133. "Energy and persistence conquer all things." - Benjamin Franklin
134. "I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don't."
- Neila Rey
135. "Challenging yourself everyday is one of the most exciting ways to live."
136. "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
- Bob Marley
137. "Hustle for that muscle." - Tatianaamico
138. "The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." - Michael Altschuler
139. "A year from now you may wish you had started today." - Karen Lamb
140. 'Train insane or remain the same."
141. "A healthy body owns a healthy mind." - Amit Kalantri
142. "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale
143. "The best way to predict your future is to create it." - Abraham Lincoln
144. "The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." - Michael Altschuler
145. "Don't wish for a good body, work for it."
146. "When it is obvious that goals can't be reached, don't adjust the goals, but adjust the action steps." - Confucius
147. "Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it." - George Halas
148. "If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one." - Dolly Parton
149. "My misson in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive." - Maya Angelou
150. "Some people live 90 years, others live 1 year 90 times."
And there you have it! A complete list of our 150 favorite motivational workout quotes to help you get through your toughest workouts.
Save a couple of these! Write them down and refer to your favorite ones when you're in need of a little extra push to get to the end of your training session!
Many of these fitness quotes can be applied to everyday life as well, outside of the gym where times can be equally tough (and are often tougher!)
We hope you found this post helpful and were able to take something away from it.
Share your favorite quote in here with your friends and share the rest of the post so that they have a couple to fall back on when they need it themselves!
And if you would like some help with getting in shape, and you'd like to remove the confusion by having us simply create a personalized workout program for you, check out our new custom programs feature or upgrade to Gympulsive Pro for full access to the site!